Athens Chamber of Commerce
The Athens Chamber of Commerce, with more than 500 members is a valuable tool for businesses and offers many services to its members.
Located at 13 North Jackson Street, across from the McMinn County Courthouse on the square in Downtown Athens, the Chamber offers programs, services and resources that give member businesses a competitive edge.
The people of Athens pride themselves on having the best of all possible worlds, beautiful natural settings, a growing business and industry climate and a solid emphasis on quality of life.
Some of the services offered by the Athens Chamber of Commerce include:
- Leadership McMinn, a program designed to develop, train, motivate and recognize future leadership among the citizens of McMinn County. The program is offered each year.
- A referral service for members when requests are received for the availability of goods or services.
- A brochure display for members to describe their goods and services in the Chamber’s lobby.
- An online membership directory listing each member by category to promote their business.
- Lunch and Learn seminars on a variety of pertinent subjects.
- A monthly newsletter that includes information on what is happening in the local business community and the status of various chamber programs and activities.
- A membership window static cling to identify business members.
- Fact sheets and specialized brochures for promotions.
- “Stuff the Bus” provides school supplies to area schools for students in need. This program is a joint effort by the Chamber, United Way of McMinn & Meigs Counties and McMinn County Education Foundation.
- A “Cash Mob” gathers and shops at a designated Chamber member each month at noon to support local business and the local economy.
- Business Before Hours, a monthly program which offers a unique opportunity for chamber members to network, share ideas, promote their businesses and make new acquaintances.
- Diplomat services, which provide a communication line between members.
- McMinn Tomorrow, is a program which provides an opportunity for high school students to learn about their community prior to becoming leaders themselves
- Sponsorship of the annual Jimmy Liner Memorial Christmas Parade in Downtown Athens.